WMI Provider Host or also called WmiPrvSE is a Windows Host Management Process used by the Developers for Monitoring Purposes of windows applications. What Is WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe)? This behavior is normally seen on manufacturing environment After upgrading windows 7 to 10 a number of the users have observed a spike in CPU usage which makes the machine lag, hot and slow. To repair this issue we will run some fundamental command at the command spark off and restart the windows control Instrumentation provider. When you open Task manager, you will notice that your WMI Provider Host process is consistently using a significant chunk of the CPU and all your RAM is used by WMI Provider Host.
After the beginning of Windows 10 and older versions, a lot of programs, services and procedures operate in the background, which is often essential, but sometimes, the system is heavily loaded. A service that’s often in charge of high CPU use is the WMI provider host. But what’s the procedure? And can you disable the WMI provider host?
Many Windows users report that the procedure takes 30 – 40 percent of the CPU. The question arises if you can and can disable the WMI Provider Host without affecting the performance of Windows. WMI is a service which does not do anything on its own – other procedures need to use it for it to do anything.
Fix WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) High CPU Usage
There have been reports that sometimes the process ends up using more than 50% of the CPU power, especially when media applications are in use. In this post, we will see how to troubleshoot WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage issue. But before we talk about ways to troubleshoot, let us take a quick look at what WMI Provider Host is.
On this post, you can see how to fix WMI company Host excessive CPU utilization trouble. However earlier than we communicate about methods to troubleshoot, let us take a short have a look at what WMI provider Host is. The service WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.Exe) is an acronym for Windows management service provider carrier. That is an essential provider, and it might be hard to manage applications without this manner.
The reliable WmiPrvSE.Exe or the home windows control provider service process is positioned in the home Windows/System32 folder, but malware can conceal themselves the use of this call and place themselves in any folder. So thus, to isolate this opportunity, check the properties of the report and experiment it along with your antivirus.
Method 1: WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage
- Open Run and type services.msc and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation” Service.
- Check if this will fix Wmi Provider Host Windows 10 issue or not.
If it does not help, try another suggestion.
Open Run, type the following and press Enter:
msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic
Does it help?
Method 2: Run the System Performance Troubleshooter
Open Command Prompt, type the following and press Enter to run the Performance Troubleshooter.
msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic
This troubleshooter helps the user adjust settings, and this will solve Wmi Provider Host Cpu Usage.
Method 3: Safe Mode
- Open Run and type msconfig > Enter.
- Navigate to Boot, then click the box for Safe boot, and choose Network.
- Click Apply > OK to save.
- Click Restart to enter Safe Mode.
- In Safe Mode, press Windows key and X and choose Windows PowerShell as Admin.
- Then type the following command > Enter.
- msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic
- Click Next to let the troubleshooting run and scan your system.
- If it says there is a problem then identify it and fix it.
- Now type the following command > Enter.
- msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic
- Wait till it is running. Once finished, close safe mode and boot into normal mode.
- Still facing the issue, then you have to install an updated version of Windows with a clean installation.
Method 4: Scan / Repair Corrupted System Files
Open cmd and type following command and press Enter.
Once this process is complete, go to the second command below:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and press Enter.
Method 5: Restart WMI Provider Host Service
- Open Run and type services.msc > Enter.
- Find Windows Management Instrument service.
- Right click it and choose Restart.
- Open Command Prompt as Admin.
- In the command prompt window, type in the following commands and press Enter after each command.
net stop iphlpsvc net stop wscsvc net stop Winmgmt net start Winmgmt net start wscsvc net start iphlpsvc
- Restart PC. Share your comments.
Read More About Windows 10 Errors: