GWXUX.exe is an important part of Windows 10 (Update System) and is mounted by a computerized Windows Update referenced as KB3035583. There have been no announcements, or explanations from Microsoft why they’ve pushed this update but it is meant to put in popups and invite one to download Windows 10. If you have recently installed new Windows 10 Anniversary update Windows 10, then you might face gwxux has stopped working error.
In this article, we are going to share working solutions to fix gwxux has stopped working. This update can be uninstalled from the Windows Updates list via Control Panel. When an unauthorized program teaches you unwanted pop-ups; it’s then called like a PET (Potentially Unwanted Program).
GWXUX is called a benign process. Technically, its goal will be to ensure a smooth upgrade to Windows 10 in the circumstances where the user qualifies for this based on the current OS build. More specifically, this relates to all Windows 7 and 8 customers so long as their type is standard and properly activated. The update can be opt-in.
How to Fix gwxux has stopped working
So that you can release the change process, the individual has to click the Get Windows 10 symbol located in the taskbar and then follow the relatively intuitive instructions. This, however, may be the perfect circumstance that could possess a few shady factors. Some Windows users discover that one or even some their crucial programs aren’t suitable for the new OS. Others have read plenty of IT forums discussing the related bugs, accidents and privacy concerns. Anyway, there are situations when people wish to opt out and not receive the reminders.
- Product name – Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Company name – Microsoft Corporation
- File description – GWXUX
- Original filename – GWXUX.exe
- Legal copyright – Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Product version – 6.3.9600.17738
- File version – 6.3.9600.17738 (winblue_r9.150323-1723)
GWXUX control panel is a location of the routine added by Microsoft to the Task Scheduler, which describes its determination. Each time a new Windows session starts as well as in the further course of it, the technique involved causes the notices with nonfunctional changes that wind up causing the annoying popup alerts.
Microsoft has provided a questionably useful recommendation for people who are unlikely to keep discovering the GWX icon: they recommend covering the announcements. This can be a temporary measure since it all comes back home the next time the PC is started up. Another nuance of the issue is merely a possible malware attack that results in the breakdown into consideration. It’s common knowledge that malicious software may stop essential OS applications from used. Total, the proper technique in the event you are experiencing issues with GWXUX.exe is always to get rid of the particular update totally and be sure you aren’t encountering a secret virus onslaught.
GWXUX.exe error troubleshooting
Remove KB3035583 update
- Click the Start button and type update in the search box.
- Select Windows Update > Click Installed Updates
- Find KB3035583 pack and then Uninstall it.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
GWXUX keeps reappearing regardless?
- Go to Start and type regedit in the search field.
- Click on the Registry Editor icon to execute the command
- Navigate to the following entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Gwx
- Right-click anywhere on blank space in the right-hand part of the interface, go to New and select DWORD (32-bit) ValueGo
- to New and select DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Create a new object, naming it DisableGwx.
- Assign it the value of 1Create DisableGwx
- Exit the Registry Editor. Reboot PC.
Check the computer for malware
Scan your computer for possible malware attacks using windows Antivirus. You can also use Windows Defender.